Monday 6 June 2011

Dear Charlotte,
Isn't it funny how you tweet away any old rubbish, and imagine sending it out in to the universe not thinking anyone will read, or even notice, it and out of nowhere someone says: 'I've been following what you've been up to via your tweets and blog'. Gah! Suddenly massively regret endlessly tweeting about being hungry; watching Made in Chelsea and/or the weather(!)  Or, even more surprising, you get a tweet complementing your blog. This, dear Charlotte, has just happened to me - and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I don't believe in coincidences, so it can only - in my opinion - be down to Fate that I received this particular tweet the very day after vowing to blog more regularly. It was the proverbial 'kick up the butt' I needed - encouragement that I haven't received since...well, in a while. So for this, I thank you '@VoodouLiverpool'.

So. In my previous blog, I wrote about embarking on the Dukan diet. This, as it turns out, wasn't to be. First off, a good friend of mine informed me that 2 days in her iPhone turned into a baguette and she was having nightmares about prawns. Secondly, did you know that the Dukan plan doesn't allow alcohol? Doesn't.Allow.Alcohol. And do we, or do we not, live in a country who prides itself on its relationship with alcohol? *looks around for nods of approval*

The final nail in the coffin,  was horror stories of 'plates of meat finished off with a yoghurt'. I am, for the best part, a vegetarian after all.

I have decided that I am above diets.  I am going for the 'female warrior' body instead this summer. Firm, and unapolagetically not-stick-thin. I will continue with my gym routine...maybe cut down on weight-lifting (my arms are looking suspiciously wrestler-ish) and eat whatever the 'eck I like. Tonight, for instance, I may have scoffed half a packet of Mars Planets. Here-here! (is that right? it doesn't look right?)

On that note - I'm off to bed.

C xx

p.s. I have a wish list, and it goes like this:
  1. A white blazer
  2. Nude Court shoes
  3. A printed dress a la Diane Von Furstenberg (did u know dvf were responsible for those  purple flares?!)
  4. Some new ballet flats (I swear mine have gone moldy)
  5. And finally - a cut-out-at-the shoulder top from ASOS
that is all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment